Saturday, January 10, 2009

A little about me and my goals


Hi, I'm Nadia Shah (Malik is my husband's last name and hopefully if I get around to it, my future last name). I want to start off by telling you a little about myself. I have my Masters in Social Work from CSULB. My focus was on older adults and families. I am currently working toward my license in clinical social work (about a year more to go!).

I work for Older Adult Services, an Orange County Behavioral Health Services program. I'm a clinical social worker there working with clients who are typically over 60 years old, have a mental illness, and some kind of impairment. I absolutely love what I do (assessment, diagnosis, therapy, crisis work, case management). Over the short while I have worked there, I have met people from all different backgrounds, races, religions, and I have seen things that I could never imagine existed.

Throughout my life and even more recently, I feel like I need to do more to help people. I have this constant feeling inside of me that tells me that I am never doing enough. I plan on using this blog to figure out my own personal goals and how I can play a positive role in improving others' lives. I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts and feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment